Bentley in the Antigonish Market Square is currently looking for an individual for a Full-Time Assistant Manager position.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing outstanding customer service as per company standards, working with a Point of Sale (POS) system, generating sales, merchandising and general upkeep of the store’s cleanliness and appearance, assisting the manager in the daily operation of the store, able to lead a team to meet sales targets and achieve expectations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting, acknowledging and re-approaching every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
- Keeping informed on the most current promotions and advertisements
- Merchandising, displays and maintenance of the store’s cleanliness
- Replenishing merchandise, monitoring floor stock and processing shipments
- Directing customers in locating merchandise
- Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at register using a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Adhering to all company policies per the employee manual
- Compliance with policy and regulations as per the company’s employee manual with regards to integrity and loss prevention
- Other tasks as assigned by the Manager
- 1-2 years of retail or customer service experience (preferably in a supervisory role)
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Outgoing personality and the ability to effectively communicate with associates and customers
- Able to lead a team of 4-6- Friendly disposition and positive attitude
- High school education or equivalent
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods
- Climb a ladder and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.